To be eligible for admission into Diploma courses, a candidate must fulfill the following conditions :-
1. Must appear and qualify in the Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) for admission into Diploma Courses' offered by State Council for Technical Education, Assam for the concerned academic session as notified by the DTE, Assam.
2. For admission into Diploma Courses the candidate must pass the H.S.L.C. or its equivalent examination with Mathematics and Science as compulsory subject with 40% marks (in Average) in Mathematics and Science for General candidates 35% marks (in Average) in Mathematics and Science for SC candidates 33% marks (in Average) in Mathematics and Science for ST Candidates.
3. Age Limit : Candidates must born on or after General SC/ST For all courses except Modern Office Management 01-08-1997 01-08-1994 For Modem Office Management 01-08-1995 01-08-1992
4. Medical Standard : A candidate should be physically fit and mentally sound and should possess the minimum physical standard.
5. Residential Eligibility : Candidates must be an Indian Citizen and Permanent resident of Assam.
Reservation of seats :Subjects to maintaining the qualifying standards and others eligibility conditions for reservation of seats the following categories of candidates of the State of Assam (subject to amendment as per Government decision).
1. Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes (Plains), Scheduled Tribes (Hills), O.B.C. (including M.O.B.C.), Moran Community, Candidates
2. Sons/Daughters/Grand Sons/Grand Daughters of Freedom Fighters (both Paternal and Maternal)
3. Tea Garden and Ex-tea-garden Labour Community (within the limit allocation of O.B.C.) in all Polytechnics except RGP, Diphu & ATI.
4. Sportspersons : Selection process for sports quota:
5. N.C.C. : Selection process for NCC quota :
6. Sons and daughters of Retired Defence Personal :
7. Physically Handicapped:
8. Son/Daughter of employees of'Central Government and of Central Government Public Sector undertaking serving in the State who are not permanent resident of Assam but are posted in Assam for not more than five years preceding the last date fixed for submitting Application.The candidates must fulfill the conditions in Eligibility for admission.
9. Candidates of other States and Union Territories against seats reserved by Government of India and duly nominated by the concern State/Union Territory.
ADMISSION TEST :Admission test will be held in all the Polytechnics of Assam on the subject Science and Mathematics on the date and time as notified by the DTE. There will be one question paper of Science and Mathematics of 100 marks of 2 hours duration. The question paper will be of H.S.L.C. level on the date and time as notified by DTE Assam.
N.B. :(1) The questions will be of objective types with multiple choice Answer for the Examinations. Candidate will have to darken the Circle against the correct answer in separate OMR Answer Sheet.
N.B. :(2) Candidates are to bring their own drawing equipments.
Documents to be submitted during counselling :Part "B" of the Application Form with two recent passport size photographs duly attested by a Gazetted Officer and pasted on the application duly completed to be submitted along with the following certificates at the time of counselling.
(i)True copies of marksheets of qualifying examinations passed.
(ii) Documentary evidence-of age (true copy of Admit Card or Certificate of the Board/University)
(iii) Up-to-date character certificate from the Head of the Institutions last attended.
(iv) Caste certificate, if claimed, belong to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC/ MOBC/Tea-Garden/Ex-Tea Garden Labour Community from the appropriate authority as decided by Government from time to time ( as mentioned in the form).
(v) The candidates applying for seats under Moran community quota must produce certificate from Assam Moran Sabha with the counter signature of DC/SDO (Civil) ofthe concerned District.
(vi) Certificate from Director of Sports, Assam and proof of representing State if applied against Sport and NOC quota.
(vii) Reserved seats against Freedom Fighter category (both Paternal & Maternal).
(viii) Certificate from the Director, Rajik Sainik Board, Assam if applied against category of retired defence personnel.
(ix) Certificate from the employer, if applied against quota of Central Government employees etc.
(x) For Differently-Abled Candidates: Identity Card as Differently-Abled and identified certificate from the State Level/District Level Medical Board as constituted in pursuance of Social Welfare Department. Minimum disability 40% and not exceeding 80%.
Commencement of session : The academic session of the Polytechnics of Assam normally commences in the month of August/September.
Medium of instruction : The medium of instruction is English.
THE FEES AND DUES IN POLYTECHNICS
The new rates are subjected to revision. In addition hostel boarders have to pay the mess dues for the current month as fixed by the mess committee.
Selection for Sports Quota :The medal winner of State Games/State Championships/Tournaments organized by Assam Olympic Association/State Sports Association/Directorate of Sports & Youth Welfare, Assam. The merit will be decided in order of Medals:- Gold/Silver/Bronze received in the above mentioned event. The candidates must have to receive a medal at least at State level during preceding three years of appearing in the admission test for admission into polytechnics. If there is a tie, prizes are equal [Gold/Silver/Bronze) or no prizes are obtained by any candidate then merit will be decided by considering the marks obtained at the Polytechnic Admission Test, even if there is a tie then Science & Mathematics Marks obtained at the qualifying examination will be considered to decide the merit of candidate. Again if there is a tie, then through lottery conducted by the Chairperson of the Selection Committee. The candidates must fulfill the conditions in Eligibility for admission.
Note : For admission against N.C.C. quota candidates will have to submit detailed particulars regarding their level of participation as mentioned above and a copy of certificate from the Director of Sports Assam.
Bonus Marks for son/daughter of employees of the Deptt. of Technical Education, Assam. Bonus marks © 5%, 6.25%, 7.5% & 10% will be awarded to the candidates who are son/daughter of Employees/Retired Employees under the Directorate of Technical Education, Assam for Grade I, II, Ill & IV as per Govt. order No. ETE-52/79/B, dtd. Dispur, the 10th August, 1979 & this office Modified order No. TE (Ex) Admn-2/2014/pt-1/647-60, dt 7/4/14.They are requested to submit application to the concerned Institute before 10 days from the date of commencement of PAT examination.
Selection for NCC Quota :The candidate has to submit the photocopy of N.C.C. Examination Certificate from the Issuing Authority in the rank not below the Deputy Director General NationalCadets Cops, Ministry of Defence Govt. of India. Certificate of merit (NCC Certificate) issued from the Head of the Institution/Colleges/School will not be accepted. During the counseling a candidate has to submit the original certificate from the issuing authority i.e. Issuing Authority in the rank of not below the Deputy. Director General National Cadets Cops, Ministry of Defence Govt. of India. Candidates must fulfill the condition as stated in serial No. 6. For considering the merit for the selection of candidates of NCC category would be as below.
(i) Certificate would be treated in order of merit as-
(a) "C" certificate with Grading "A"
(b) "B" certificate with Grading "A"
(c) "A" certificate with Grading "A"
(d) Candidates are asked to submit the documents of the attendance if any.
Note 1: If nos. of applicants applying against N.C.C. quota seats and their certificates are equal rank, then merit will be decided by taking the marks of Admission Test, even if there is a Tally then Science and Mathematics marks of qualifying examination will be taken to decide the merit of the candidates. If there is Tie then by lottery by the Chairman of the Selection Committee.
Note 2: For admission against N.C.C. quota candidates will have to submit detailed particulars regarding their level of participation as mentioned above and a copy of certificate from the Director of N.C,C. Assam.